Cheese Curd Stuffed PEI Beef Chuck Burgers
Write a review
- 1 lb PEI beef chuck, cut into 1-inch cubes or 1 lb of PEI ground beef
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cracked pepper
- 1 Tbsp Grainy Dijon Mustard
- ½ cup Glasgow Glen Cheese Curds, crumbled
- If using chuck, chill the the food grinder or attachment, your work bowl and your meat for one hour before grinding. Grind the beef into the chilled bowl using a medium-sized grinding plate.
- If using ground beef, add ground beef to a chilled bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except for the cheese) to the freshly ground beef, and mix until barely combined. Be careful not to over mix or this will make your burgers rubbery!
- Divide the mixture into 8 balls and then flatten them out to ¼ inch thick on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place a mound of cheese curds in the centre of 4 of the patties, then place another patty on top, pressing lightly around the edges to seal them together. Chill for 10 minutes while you preheat your grill to 425F.
- Oil your grill well, then grill the burgers for 6-8 minutes on each side, until they are well browned and an instant read thermometer measures 165F. Enjoy right away!
- You will need a food grinder or a grinder attachment for a Kitchenaid mixer for this recipe.
- You can also substitute already-ground beef if you prefer!
Atlantic Beef Products https://www.abpi.ca/