Island Carne Asada
Write a review
- 2 oranges, chopped whole
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup rough chopped cilantro (leaves and stems are both ok)
- 2 Tbsp chipotles in adobo sauce
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp cumin seeds
- ½ Tbsp salt
- 1 x 2 or 3 lb whole beef flank steak
- Place everything except the steak in the bowl of a food processor and blend until it makes a smooth puree, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Place the steaks in a large shallow casserole, then pour the marinade overtop and refrigerate for at least 12 hours or up to 1 day.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and pat dry. Preheat your grill to 450F and brush the grill with canola oil.
- Place the whole steak on the grill and cook for about 5 minutes on each side for medium doneness. Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Slice the steak very thinly across the grain and serve right away. This recipe is great as a taco filling or as a topping for salads.
Atlantic Beef Products https://www.abpi.ca/