The shipping/receiving and shunt driver will be responsible for working within the warehouse, cooler and freezer areas of Atlantic Beef Products, Inc. This individual will be responsible for the operation of equipment for the manufacture of various products and will ensure all work performed adheres to all organizational standards as well as safety regulations and guidelines. This is a labor-intensive position requiring individuals to perform repetitive tasks and stand for long periods of time.
- Results Orientation
- Pre-operations inspections, operation, and shutdown of all related equipment for efficient and safe operation (i.e., forklifts, counterbalance, motorized walkie, pump cart, scanners)
- Receiving process materials and shipping finished goods
- Relocate storage trailers
- General housekeeping and inventory control
- Recognize and troubleshoot mechanical issues and communicate problems to Supervisor, Manager and/or maintenance
- Thorough, accurate, and neat completion of forms for HACCP and Quality Assurance (i.e., lot control for traceability, production reporting, product carry over)
- Adherence to Standard Operating Procedures for product and packaging materials (i.e., product rotations, FIFO procedures)
- Participate in educational and training opportunities applicable to the position.
- Other duties shall be assigned as required.
- Hold a valid Class 1 Driver’s License
- Previous RF scanning and material handling equipment experience and asset
- Able to use a stand up or reach truck
- Willing and able to follow specific instructions.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks with little supervision.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Commitment to accuracy and detail oriented.
- Ability to perform under pressure and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Heavy lifting required, pushing/pulling, and bending
- Stand for long periods of time
- Exposure to cooler and freezer temperatures
- Manual dexterity required.
- Ability to work flexible shift
- Overtime as required.
This position is from 11:00pm to 7:40am, only applicants that are legally allowed to work in Canada will be contacted, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online.