PEI Barbacoa Pulled Beef
Pulled Beef is sensational as a burger, a slider or on a toasted baguette.
Write a review
- 5 lb (2.25 Kg) TRUE BEEF Chuck Roll
- 2 1/4 tsp (11.25 mL) kosher salt
- 1 tsp pepper (or to taste)
- Can use entire chuck roll or can use a collection of trim pieces.
- Season beef with desired flavours (salt/pepper, spice rub etc.) and place into a deep baking dish.
- Roast at 392°F / 200°C in a preheated oven for 5-10 minutes to colour
- Add hot liquid to baking dish until approximately 1/2 submerged.
- Cover tightly with tinfoil.
- Place in oven at 190°F / (87.7°C) for 12-14 hours.
- Remove barbacoa from oven and transfer onto a sheet tray.
- Manually pull beef with gloved hands or tongs.
- Remove any excess fat or sinew.
- Add favourite BBQ sauce or seasonings to enhance the pulled beef texture and flavour.
- Chill on sheet tray then store for use.
- Pulled beef can also be served as a taco filling or as a pulled beef sandwich like a luxury baron of beef. This beef also works fantastically well for functions or family style service.
Atlantic Beef Products https://www.abpi.ca/