Hoisin-Glazed Roast Beef with Stir-Fry Vegetables
Survive the dinner rush with this beef mini quick roast recipe. It's on the table ready for slicing in less than an hour.
Write a review
- ¼ cup (50 mL) soy sauce
- ¼ cup (50 mL) hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup (50 mL) ketchup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced ginger root
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) maple syrup
- 1 Prince Edward Island Certified Island Beef Quick Roast (e.g. Sirloin Tip, Outside or Inside Round)
- 3 cup (750 mL) pre-cut stir-fry vegetables
- Combine soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ketchup, garlic, ginger and male syrup in small bowl; brush 2 tbsp (30 mL) over roast. Insert meat thermometer lengthwise into centre of roast so that shaft is not visible. Place in shallow lightly oiled foil-lined pan.
- Roast, uncovered, in 400°F (200°C) oven for 30 minutes. Brush with some of the remaining glaze. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes longer until thermometer reads 155°F (68°C) for medium doneness. Remove roast to cutting board; let stand tented with foil.
- Combine vegetables with 2 tbsp (30 mL) water in nonstick skillet; cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender-crisp. Add remaining glaze; stir-fry for 1 minute or until sauce bubbles. Cut netting from roast and carve into thin slices. Serve with vegetables.
Time Saver Strategy
- A ready-made stir-fry sauce can stand in for the Hoisin Glaze recipe.
- An excellent source of Iron (28% RDI) and Zinc (79% RDI).
Atlantic Beef Products https://www.abpi.ca/