Grilled Flank Steak with Olive Vinaigrette
Flank Marinating Steak is lean and absorbs all the flavour you can give it. A quick grill makes it easy to enjoy. Simply marinate the steak the night before if you have time, but if not, a quick 15 minute marinade adds flavour to the meat. Piercing the meat all over before marinating maximizes tenderness.
Write a review
- 1 Flank Prince Edward Island Certified Island Beef Marinating Steak, about 1-1/2 lb (750 g)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped thyme
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped basil or Italian parsley
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher or coarsely ground sea salt
- Olive Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- Combine oregano, thyme, basil, vinegar and oil in shallow glass dish.
- Pierce Flank Steak all over with fork on both sides. Place in dish and rub with herb mixture. Let stand for 15 minutes or cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- Pat steak dry with paper towel. Season with salt and grill over medium-high heat for 12 minutes, turning at least twice, to medium-rare doneness 145°F(63°C). Remove to a cutting board and tent with foil; let stand for 5 minutes before slicing across the grain to serve. Serve drizzled with Olive Vinaigrette.
- Combine 2 green onions, thinly sliced, ½ cup (125 mL) chopped pitted Kalamata or sundried olives, 1 plum tomato, diced, 1 tbsp (15 mL) EACH extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar in bowl. Serve with Flank Steak.
- Recipe adapted from: Get in the Kitchen and COOK! Recipes for Family and Friends by Emily Richards, self published, 2011. www.emilyrichardscooks.ca.
Atlantic Beef Products https://www.abpi.ca/