Thai Beef Salad
Sirloin Tip Steak on the BBQ.
Write a review
- 1 lime, zested & juiced
- 1 small red chili, seeds & stems removed, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½” (1 cm) knob of ginger, peeled & minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fish sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) brown sugar
- 1 Prince Edward Island Certified Island Beef sirloin tip steak (about 1 lb/450 g)
- 1 head red lettuce, leaves torn into bite-sized pieces
- ½ lb (225 g) cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, quartered lengthwise and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- ½ cup (120 mL) cilantro leaves, torn
- ½ cup (120 mL) mint leaves, torn
- ½ cup (120 mL) roasted peanuts
- Preheat the grill on the highest setting.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime zest & juice, red chili, garlic, ginger, fish sauce and brown sugar. Set aside.
- Pat the steak dry with paper towel. Grill steak 3 minutes per side. Remove from the grill, loosely cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, shallot, cilantro, mint and peanuts.
- Thinly slice the steak against the grain. Add to the salad along with any accumulated juices. Pour over the dressing and toss well to combine. Serve immediately.
- This recipe easily doubles or even triples to feed a large crowd. If you are a basil fan, try including a handful of torn leaves to the salad as well.
Atlantic Beef Products http://www.abpi.ca/