Cheese Curd Stuffed PEI Beef Chuck Burgers
Write a review
- 1 lb PEI beef chuck, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cracked pepper
- 1 Tbsp Grainy Dijon Mustard
- ½ cup Glasgow Glen Cheese Curds, crumbled
- Chill the the food grinder or attachment, your work bowl and your meat for one hour before grinding. Grind the beef into the chilled bowl using a medium-sized grinding plate.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except for the cheese) to the freshly ground beef, and mix until barely combined. Be careful not to overmix or this will make your burgers rubbery!
- Divide the mixture into 8 balls and then flatten them out to ¼ inch thick on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place a mound of cheese curds in the centre of 4 of the patties, then place another patty on top, pressing lightly around the edges to seal them together. Chill for 10 minutes while you preheat your grill to 425F.
- Oil your grill well, then grill the burgers for 6-8 minutes on each side, until they are well browned and an instant read thermometer measures 165F. Enjoy right away!
- You will need a food grinder or a grinder attachment for a Kitchenaid mixer for this recipe.
- You can also substitute already-ground beef if you prefer!
Atlantic Beef Products http://www.abpi.ca/