Beef Brochettes - 2 Meals
Write a review
- 2 tsp EACH fresh parsley, oregano, rosemary and thyme leaves
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Petite Shoulder Tender Beef Oven Roasts (each about 2 lb/500 g), cut into 1-inch cubes
- Soaked bamboo skewers
Meal 1: Mediterranean Beef Brochettes with Greek Tostada Bites
- Using a spice grinder or mortar and pestle, combine parsley, oregano, rosemary, thyme, garlic and peppercorns. Grind mix until a fine.
- Transfer to sealable plastic bag; add 1 tbsp lemon juice, and salt (set lemon zest and remaining juice aside). Add beef cubes,
- seal and massage to mix. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours and up to 12 hours.
- Thread onto skewers; season with salt and pepper. Place skewers on greased grill. Cover and grill skewers over medium-high heat, about 10 minutes, turning once. Set aside 2 skewers to use for Greek Taco Bites, serve remaining with grilled vegetables and potatoes. Makes 6 Brochettes with enough leftover to make 24 Tostada Bites.
Meal 2: Greek Tostada Bites
- Remove seeds from half of an English cucumber and dice. In small bowl, combine with 2 cloves finely minced garlic, 1 cup Greek yogurt, reserved lemon zest and 1 tsp lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and set aside. Using 4 large flour tortillas and a 2-1/2 inch round cookie cutter, cut 6 to 7 circles from each. Grill mini tortilla cut-outs on medium-high heat, turning once, until lightly charred, about 2 minutes. Spread some yogurt mixture on warm tortillas. Top with 3 to 4 slices of beef from warmed Beef Brochettes cubes; garnish with some sliced green onion and some diced sweet red pepper if desired. Makes about 24 bites.
Atlantic Beef Products http://www.abpi.ca/