Food Safety is our priority.
Atlantic Beef Products is diligent in ensuring the highest standards of food safety for our products. As Atlantic Canada’s only Federally Inspected beef processing plant we work hand in hand with the Canadian Food Inspection Agency. We are also audited by BRC Global Standards and recently achieved an “A” rating.
Canadian Food Inspection Agency
At the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA), the safety of Canada’s food supply is central to everything we do. That’s why the CFIA works from the farm gate to the consumer’s plate to protect public health. We safeguard not just the food supply, but also the plants and animals upon which safe and high-quality food depends.
In carrying out its mandate, and in support of Government of Canada priorities, the CFIA strives to:
- protect Canadians from preventable health risks
- protect consumers through a fair and effective food, animal and plant regulatory regime that supports competitive domestic and international markets
- sustain the plant and animal resource base
- contribute to the security of Canada’s food supply and agricultural resource base, and
- provide sound agency management